Mortgage or Marriage?
As many as 40% of Britons feel that a joint mortgage is a bigger commitment than marriage, according to a survey.
Research from Zoopla has shown that 2 out of 5 believe that purchasing a home with their partner is a bigger deal than a wedding.
How long does it take for a couple to buy a home?
On average, it takes a couple just over three years and three months before being in a position to buy a home together.
Across Yorkshire and Humberside, the average price for February 2017 is £174,759 and the standard mortgage length of 25 years. And when you consider that, in 2013, the average marriage that ended in divorce lasted less than half of that - 11 and a half years - it makes sense.
Five other stats from the survey
- Two-thirds of men happy to let partners view properties without them.
- Less than half of women feel that same.
- 79% of men will make sacrifices and compromise on what they want.
- Couples go over budget by £10,385 on average.
- More than 30% of both men and women think of the future when calculating bedrooms.
Posted 22 months agoShare this article