Estate Agent Training
Estate Agency Training - What Makes Preston Baker Different?
We understand that becoming an estate agent falls quite a way behind astronaut and doctor as a child's dream job. That being said, we aren’t children anymore and it is a fantastic career to get into if you like interacting with people and having a positive impact to someone’s life.
Imagine being able to help someone through one of the most stressful times of their life. Not only help them, but ensure the process is quicker, less stressful and ultimately leaving them with a better outcome.
Our Mission as Estate Agents
At Preston Baker we strive to making the buying and selling, or letting and renting process as quick and as easy as possible for all parties concerned. For most people that involves selling a property for the highest amount, in the shortest possible time, whilst keeping parties informed at every stage.
We create value for our clients, by doing more and getting more.
To provide a level of world class service to our clients, requires a level of world class effort in our staff.
Interested in Being the Best?
If you class yourself as a hard worker; if you can focus and set appropriate goals then read on. If you are the type that likes to turn up, clock in, do the bare minimum and leave this isn’t for you.
We have found that finding the right type of candidate to provide the exceptional customer service we treasure is difficult. If we employ staff from other estate agency backgrounds, they think the level of commitment and effort we put in to selling a house for our clients is crazy.
Preston Baker Academy
We have set up the Preston Baker Academy to provide an intense 12 month training course to anyone that wants to become an estate agent and who has the same level of drive and commitment that we do.
Preston Baker deal primarily with residential property; be that property sales, lettings, or land and new homes. We also offer an in house team of mortgage advisers to help vet clients for suitability and reduce the amount of fall throughs on sales.
The property industry is a fantastic environment for those who are customer focused and enjoy sales. We have a clear career path mapped out for all our staff, and you have the ability to rise as far as your effort and wits will take you.
If this is something you are interested in then view our Property Academy page for more details.
Estate Agency Training Syllabus
Our course covers the following skills
- Induction program spread over 8 weeks. Instruction will be one day per week and will end with a written and oral exam. You must pass this to continue on the course.
- Online training in the use of Reapit, an industry leading client management platform for estate agents
- Classroom based regulatory training
- Reviews at 3 and 6 months to assess your performance
- After 6 months you have the option to specialise in one of four specialities
- Residential Agency (sales, lettings and market appraisal / valuation)
- Land and New Homes (including land development)
- Mortgage Advice and Financial Services
- Property investment (Business development role within buy to let)
- 1 day per week focusing on your specialisation. Either in branch or in the field.
- Monthly training covering
- Offer negotiation
- Sales Progression
- Face-to-face client visits
- The latest marketing strategies and tactics
- Systems and reporting
- Branch based roles and tasks
- ROI tracking for campaigns
- Colour Works and Neuro Linguistic Programming
- In house property listing process
- How to successfully market a property
- Mortgage process and CEMAP qualification (financial services)
- How to become a successful advisor (financial services)
- Property investment paths and pitfalls (property investment)
- Understanding the buy to let market (property investment)
- How to identify a buy to let prospect (property investment)
- Property Management (property investment)
- How to source land (Land & New Homes)
- How to secure and execute land transactions (Land & New Homes)
- Identifying the right exit strategy for prospective developers (Land & New Homes)
If you’d like the level of training that will allow you to step into any estate agents in the future, and completely dominate their market, then this is the course for you.
Places are limited, but they will be regularly available as candidates either drop out or make it through to the end and move on to their chosen speciality.
For more information on how to apply please visit our Property Academy page.